Our dentists at Dentistry at The Grove are often asked whether they recommend Invisalign. Many people have heard about this type of braces and are curious to know more about them. At Dentistry at The Grove, we say that Invisalign is a great option for many patients, but it may not be the best choice for everyone.
To help you decide if Invisalign is right for you, our dentists have put together a list of pros and cons.
– Invisalign is virtually invisible. This is a big advantage for adults who are concerned about the appearance of traditional metal braces.
– You can remove Invisalign aligners for eating and brushing your teeth. This means that you don’t have to make any special dietary accommodations or worry about food getting stuck in your braces.
– Invisalign is generally more comfortable than traditional braces. There are no wires or brackets to rub against your gums or cheeks.
– Invisalign aligners are made of smooth plastic, so they are less likely to cause mouth sores.
– You will see the results of your treatment more quickly than with traditional braces. The average treatment time for Invisalign is about 12 months.
– Invisalign is more expensive than traditional braces.
– Invisalign aligners must be worn for at least 22 hours a day to be effective. This means that they can’t be removed for extended periods, such as for playing sports or during long naps.
– Invisalign aligners are not suitable for all types of dental corrections. More complex cases may require traditional braces.
If you’re considering Invisalign, our dentists at Dentistry at The Grove can help you decide if it’s the right choice for you. Schedule a free consultation today to learn more.